Butt Lite 6IX
The wait is over...TeamStrange is proud to launch ButtLite 6IX, August 10-16, 2012.
Bart Bakker, Rick Miller, and David E.B. Smith will be the co-rallymasters, with adult supervision provided by Lisa Erbes.
For the lucky sixty six riders who hope to make the starting field, here’s what you need to know:
1) All pre-rally activities (tech inspection, odometer check, riders meetings, etc) will be held at The Lodge at Copperhead in the mountains of beautiful northern Georgia. Lodging cost for Thursday night before the rally start on Friday morning is paid for as part of the entry fee. Note: All reservations for The Lodge at Copperhead must be made through our rally staff; do not contact The Lodge directly.
2) The rally will end the following Thursday at the Denver Marriott Tech Center where the 2012 IBA National Meet will just be getting underway. The lodging cost for the rally finish on Thursday night is included in the entry fee, and once again, reservations for this must be made through rally staff. Of course, all ButtLite riders are encouraged to stay on and participate in the IBA National Meet.
3) There will be a mid-rally checkpoint somewhere in the Upper Midwest. But we’re not going to tell you where that location is quite yet.
4) As previously announced, the top ten finishers in ButtLite 6IX will receive a pass the draw spot in the 2013 Ironbutt Rally, and the first overall winner will receive a fully paid entry.
5) ButtLite 6IX riders will enjoy fabulous meals at both the start and finish banquets and receive only the best rally swag, including a premium shirt as in previous ButtLite rallies.
6) The entry fee ($696.96 solo, $969.69 two up) can be paid by check, money order or Paypal. The first payment of $350 solo/$500 two up is due by December 1st, and the remaining balance must be received by March 1st, 2012.
7) Riders will be required to provide proof of insurance liability coverage of at least $250,000 per person/$500,000 per accident or $300,000 combined single limit (CSL) (U.S. dollars). Riders will also be required to carry Medjet coverage for the duration of the rally. SPOT use is allowed but not mandatory. SPOT or other tracker data must not be displayed on a publicly-available website unless specifically permitted by rally staff. Riders will be subject to the TeamStrange Uniform Rules.
8) There will be bonus locations in Canada, and riders who wish to have the option to pursue all potential bonus locations will be prepared for this. There will be no bonus locations in Mexico.
9) Riders will receive a thumb drive in their rally pack with coordinates for all bonus locations in .gpx, .gdb and .txt formats. There will also be some minimal information on the bonus list as well to help you find the exciting places we have in store for you.
10) You may register on line via Ride Master at rides.jasonjonas.com or via snail mail using the entry form here.
Back to TeamStrange