July 6 - 12, 2014
Follow the fun on the Butt Lite 7 Blog
Announcing Butt Lite 7!
Butt Lite 6IX was so much fun we couldn’t help but do it again. Besides, 2014 is the 30th Anniversary of TeamStrange Airheads and we can’t let a momentous milestone like that go uncelebrated.
Butt Lite 7 will be 6 days with one checkpoint.
Registration for Butt Lite 7 opens on Tuesday, October 1st, 2013. The rally is open to 70 riders.
Sunday, July 6 – Saturday, July 12, 2014
Butt Lite 7 is being hosted at:
Sheraton Minneapolis West
Registration Fee is $650.00 single & $975.00 two-up.
• This includes Excellent TeamStrange / Butt Lite 7 Rally Swag, start and finish banquets, start and finish breakfasts, and anything else we can think of to throw in. Registration fee can be made in two payments via Ride Master with final payment due by March 30, 2014.
• The rally begins at 8:00 AM local time on Sunday, July 6, 2014.
• Rider check-in and technical inspections will be Friday & Saturday, July 4 & 5.
• Riders meeting will be Saturday, July 5 at 4:00 PM, followed by a cocktail hour and banquet.
• Rally packs will be handed out at 8:00 PM following the banquet.
• The rally ends at 8:00 AM local time on Saturday, July 12 right where it began.
• Finishers Cocktail Hour & Banquet will be Saturday, July 12 at 6:00 PM local time.
Tickets to both banquets will be available for guests at a nominal fee. More on that later.
Riders will be responsible for their own lodging at the Sheraton and at the checkpoint. TeamStrange has a block of rooms reserved at the Sheraton at a special group rate of $94.00 single or double occupancy including Internet. Room registration information will be provided to riders once rally registration has been received.
How to register:
Go to RideMaster. You must register online via RideMaster – there is no paper entry form. (Don’t say you can’t register over the Internet – you’re reading this online, aren’t you?)
Answers to your questions:
Why should you enter Butt Lite 7?
1. Because once again, we have the generous support of those nice people at The Iron Butt Association. The top 10 finishers in Butt Lite 7 will each receive a non-draw spot into the 2015 Iron Butt Rally. And the top finisher in Butt Lite 7 will have his/her IBR entry fee paid by TeamStrange.
2. Not enough? Well, here is a bit of trivia for those with dreams of Iron Butt Rally glory:
• Out of the top 30 finishers in the 2013 Iron Butt Rally, 16 rode in Butt Lite 6IX.
• SIX out of the top 10 rode in Butt Lite 6IX.
• The last 4 winners of the Iron Butt Rally are Butt Lite or TeamStrange rally veterans.
• Butt Lite was created to give riders a less filling, great taste of the Iron Butt Rally.
3. Did we mention 2014 is the 30th anniversary of TeamStrange? You don’t want to miss the fun we have planned….
• No, you will not receive the rally pack prior to Saturday, July 5th at 8:00 PM.
• Yes, there will be a checkpoint.
• No, we aren't telling you where it is.
• TeamStrange Uniform Rules apply. No other rules. Just our rules. Go read them here.
• And yes, we will be Canada-Free.
Even more questions?
Best if you post them on the TeamStrange Discussion Board for all to see and learn.
Or contact your Rally Masters directly (pick your poison):
Bart Bakker : the lovable curmudgeon – shaking his cane while cussing at you kids to get off his lawn
Lisa Erbes : the fretful, southern woman – don’t make her bless your heart – that rarely ends well
David E.B. Smith : the unflappable attorney who answers every question with a question
Back to TeamStrange